Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Love Letter to Totokaelo

While in Seattle, I had the opportunity to visit Totokaelo. Their beautiful website, chock full of drool-worthy clothes, shoes, and jewels, had me crushing from afar, so I had high hopes for the actual shop, located on 10th Ave. between Pike and Pine. It didn't disappoint. The beautiful, light-filled space, impeccably edited assortment of treasures, and warm, friendly staff made for one of the most positive shopping experiences I have ever had. Post-visit, Christine, the store director, followed up with a couple of really nice emails, and I was surprised at the details she remembered from our conversation. The level of customer service was really impressive and refreshing.  I ended up going twice in a three-day period, taking home a Raquel Allegra dress and two beautiful ceramic mugs that I am absolutely in love with.

The gorgeousness starts with the door:


It was hard to peel my eyes (and hands) away from the amazing home selection at the front of the shop. You can check out the selection of housewares  and decorative objects at Totokaelo Art-Object.

If you're in the area, you might as well stop by Oddfellows for the deliciously decadent Brioche French toast . . .

 . . . and you absolutely cannot skip a trip to the Elliott Bay Book Company. Be prepared to spend hours perusing the titles and reading the handwritten book reviews sandwiched between the thoughtfully selected tomes that line its  shelves. 


Thanks, Totokaelo! I hope to be back soon. In the meantime, I will be stalking your websites per usual. More Seattle highlights to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment